Last year there was an incredible rally of community support to keep TSN Radio 690 as an English-language sports radio station. The response and passion from local Montréal sports fans was truly impressive.
Well, we heard you loud and clear!
- Astral, Bell Media, and all broadcasters must adhere to the CRTC’s Common Ownership Policy for radio.
- As part of ensuring that a merged Astral and Bell Media respects this policy, when we filed an application last year to join our two companies, we were faced with the difficult decision of turning TSN 690 into a French-language station.
- In our new application for a merged Astral and Bell Media we have requested an exception to the CRTC’s policy – asking for permission to operate four English-language stations (two AM and two FM) in Montréal – one more than what is generally permitted under CRTC policy.
- This exception would allow Astral and Bell Media to continue to own and operate TSN Radio 690 and maintain its current format as an English-language, all-sports radio station.
- To help make sure TSN Radio 690 remains a vibrant part of the Montreal community, we asked you to share your passion for the station and its English sports talk radio format. Thank you for signing the petition and for making your voice heard.
- To view the petition and intervention letters, please click here.
- To learn more about our commitment to Montreal sports fans, please click here.
- To see what Canadians are saying about TSN 690, please click here.
Thank you for your support